Sunday 22 January 2012

Last Minute Events

Thought I had a free weekend this weekend, and I did until 8 o clock on Friday night!

I got a call on the Cupcake Phone, it was an events company that I had make cakes for previously. They were asking for a last minute Cupcake Tower in Green and Silver for a Party at a rather exclusive venue in Cardiff! Of course I said, not worrying that they needed them by 12 noon on Saturday!

Several hours later of baking later and a kitchen covered in silver spray and glitter and the cakes were ready. I pulled up at the swanky venue which was being decked out in white carpet, candelabras and all sorts of vases filled with exotic vines and beautiful throws of white flowers. It was a hive of activity. The party organisers welcomed me and left me to set up a display as they gossipped about friends and their face book antics.

The extravagant party was being held for their Managing Directors birthday, he or she and their 30 guests were in for a treat. Nothing was too good for them, cocktails had been ordered and collected from London, the room decked out and of course a tower of Happy Cupcakes stood proudly as the centre piece. I couldn't help but be impressed and secretly jealous of the two young men's job. Who wont love to be organising a party like this.

As I left, I asked the rather indignant woman at the door when I could collect the stand. She rudely told me that at 12noon on Sunday she would be there and she was only going to be there so 'the boys' could empty the room of their stuff! She was so abrupt, I couldn't believe that this middle aged woman, could be so rude. There was obviously thousands being spent on that party, at her member only establishment, yet she was obviously unimpressed by this. It got me thinking about customer service. Its okay to be nice to those who could afford to be a member there, those who would be partying there that night, but not to the Cupcake Girl or indeed, the Events people!

I'm sure, most people would agree, that simple courtesy is a pleasure to both the giver and receiver, it costs nothing and just spreads a little happiness to those we meet. With that in mind I might send her some cupcakes, who knows, they might bring a smile to her face.


No comments:

Post a Comment